Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Another quickie: polenta, veggies, and beans

Today's lunch: polenta, frozen veggies, black beans, and hot sauce. I've been eating something like this a few times a week all year. It is super super easy. Take 1/2 cup of corn grits (polenta), add 2 cups of water, microwave it for 6 minutes in a large bowl. Add veggies (in the interest of time, I've been using about half a bag of frozen veggies. Today's is the California blend, but I'm fond of the fiesta blend, too). Then add your choice of beans. Either cook it until it's hot, or put it in the fridge for later and then heat when you're ready to eat. Today is the first day I used plain black beans plus some hot sauce for a change, but I have typically been using a can of Amy's Kitchen's chili in this simple meal. This makes about 2-3 servings.

No comments:

Post a Comment