Friday, July 9, 2010

Tri tomorrow

My friend Cameron is doing her first triathlon tomorrow at the Tri for Fun #2! Good luck Cameron! Tomorrow's race was going to be Dave's first too, and my second of the year, but Dave and I have been a little under the weather after a long drive earlier this week from Montana, via Yellowstone and Grand Teton national parks. So instead we'll be signing up for an August sprint tri. I'd planned to actually train after the last sprint and see how much time I could knock off, but I haven't been training much. A little running here and there. A little biking. I swam a few times. I'm probably in worse shape now than I was 5 weeks ago when I did the Tri for Fun #1! I've self diagnosed bursitis in my right hip so that's my excuse. Trying to not feel like my grandma with a sore hip all the time. Using the foam roller, stretching, icing, etc. Woe is me. I may have convinced another friend to do a tri though, and I always love helping out a newbie. 

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Kendra!!! This newbie appreciated all of your help. Triathlon is no longer a scary unknown for me and I can now check off my first tri as a success. Although it took a couple days to set in, I am already considering another one in the near future. I was warned that would happen :) So hurry up and get healthy so you can do the next one with me.

    ReplyDelete