Saturday, May 1, 2010

Ironman St George

Ironman St George (Utah) is today. First time there's been an Ironman event there. One of the bloggers who I met in Florida is racing today. Bob is #2287. It's so weird to wake up and have the swim results posted before I'm done with breakfast. Then I'll go out and have my Saturday, come home and most people will still be racing. Sometime around dinner, Bob will probably be finishing. Before I go to bed I can watch some people finish live online. I'll be asleep before the last finisher finishes! I'm a little jealous I'm not out there, but right now I am in no shape to be even thinking about it.

I haven't posted much lately because I have nothing to report. A few bike miles here and there. A few run miles here and there, usually followed by a few days of hip pain. Yesterday I woke up with a very literal pain in the neck. So I won't be riding my bike this weekend even though May is bike month has begun. Rose is going to kick my butt this year in our competition to see who can ride the most miles. Last year I pledged 500 miles and rode over 600, trying to beat her but I fell really short. I only pledged 300 this year given how I felt after riding 25 miles last Saturday. Rose probably pledged 600 and will actually ride a million, helping the whole city reach its goal of 1,000,000 miles in May. She's an animal. I can't wait to track her at Ironman Florida this November!

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the shout out. St Geo was FANTASTIC and St Geo was SADISTIC all rolled into one. It WILL go down in Ironman history as the race with the highest DNF or DNS (did not start) percentage. The water was 54. People walked away before starting (unreal). And then the 6000 feet of climbing on the bike. Unreal.
    One foot in front of the next and she's done.

    I hope you get back into the swing of things real soon and good health shines a good shadow on you. I'll look for your friend at IMFL this year.

    Cheers!

    ReplyDelete