Tuesday, May 18, 2010

Bike month blues and Amazon.

This morning I had a dilemma. I had to get to work early. I pondered just driving to work so that I only had to get up a few minutes early instead of a fully hour. But it is bike month after all, so I rolled out of bed at 6am and rolled onto the street on my pretty bike just after 6:45. My ride was pretty nice given that there was less traffic than usual. I hit mostly green lights and almost had a record time to work. The rest of my day was not so great, so I treated myself to happy hour and caught a ride home. I almost feel bad about it, since it is bike month and all. But I did get some miles in and some are better than none. Bike month is great because it promotes cycling which is obviously awesome, but it's also frustrating because I can't believe how many people DON'T try riding a bike even one little mile! I'm responsible for encouraging and rewarding cyclists at work and this year's turnout is low, so it's a bit of a downer. I don't know what more I can do.

I wish I was riding as many miles this year as I did last year, but every year is different! Rose is kicking my butt again. We already made plans for her victory dinner. But we're going to ride to the restaurant, so that'll be cool (or hot, since it'll be in June). I'm still hoping I can reach my goal of 300 miles!

I added an amazon associates box on my blog. So now if you want to buy one of the wonderful bicycle accessories that I mention, or anything else from amazon for that matter, if you link to amazon from my site before placing your order, amazon will give me a little kickback. This is good for everyone because I can use those kickbacks for race entry fees and then I will have more fun things to blog about! So next time you want to buy something from amazon, consider clicking through my blog first please!

1 comment:

  1. What happened yesterday Kendra? Sorry the day was no so great. :(

    I am looking forward to riding to Davis with you!

    ReplyDelete