Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Almost halfway there!

Tomorrow is bike to work day:  Thursday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 75. Calm wind becoming northwest between 12 and 15 mph. Winds could gust as high as 24 mph.  Yikes.

Since it's bike to work day, that means freebies for cyclists all over the city. Freebies for bike day seem to always involve delicious gluten-filled foods, like bagels, granola bars, muffins, donuts. I know it's dumb to be jealous of free food, but being gluten free kinda sucks in that I can't enjoy those freebies. You know those mornings where things aren't going so great and someone brings donuts or bagels to work and everything seems a little brighter? I don't! Well, maybe tomorrow I'll win some bike month socks at one of the "energizer stations" around town. I'll ride past two of the stations on my way to work.
 


Name Pledge % Met Miles

Rose 1000 31.4% 314

Kendra 302 48.3444% 146

David 301 39.5349% 119 

I'm almost halfway to my goal. Don't remind me that we're two-thirds done with the month! Thank goodness the last weekend in May is a three day weekend. I will be cycling a lot that weekend. Also Lauren is coming for a visit so we're going to ride long on Sunday. If the weather cooperates for the rest of the month, I think I can still hit 302.

4 comments:

  1. I'm feeling you Kendra. Freebies don't mean much to me either now that my trainer has banned all processed sugar. Luckily, we just love biking for the sake of biking, right?!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Why is David 1 less than you on the pledge?? I sense some spousal stuff here.... :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well I initially pledged 300 and he tried to outdo me so...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Right Rose, somehow it seems different than just eating right though. That requires will power and you can walk away feeling proud and strong. But sometimes when it's not my choice I end up feeling more annoyed and weak! Silly I know.

    ReplyDelete