Tuesday, March 30, 2010

Lottery

So February 28 came and went. For those of you non-triathletes, it means nothing to you. But for the rest of it, February 28 was the deadline to enter the Kona Lottery. I had planned on paying my $35 or $85 (there are two ways to enter, costs more for better chances obviously) to have a small chance at getting a lottery slot so that I could participate in Ironman Hawaii this October. But, reality set in and I decided I should really save my money and buy a REAL lottery ticket. You know, to win the big bucks. Then I could buy one of those $10,000ish slots to Hawaii AND my dream house in the Caribbean, etc, etc, etc. Unfortunately that didn't pan out in our favor so we are now out one dollar, we are not millionaires, and my name will not be on the Kona Lottery winner list that comes out in a few weeks. I think I'll go comfort myself with Betty Crocker's Gluten Free Brownies.

1 comment:

  1. My plan is to try for next year. I am going to give it 3 or 4 years and then possibly pony up the big bucks just to check it off the bucket list

    ReplyDelete