Saturday, November 7, 2009

on to the bike!

Missed Kendra's exit from the water, but I saw her start the bike!

before we get to that, a few pictures from this morning:
Kendra wondered if there was much point to stretching at 4 o'clock in the morning, since she wouldn't be running for probably 12 more hours...


Caught the sunrise today at the Transition Area - the PA system played the Beatles' "Here Comes the Sun," which I found appropriate.


Lots of T1 bags!


About 15 minutes before the big start!


This is what it looks like when 2,500 swimmers all storm the Gulf at the same time! (I took a video of that, too, and when I have the opportunity I'll upload it to YouTube and link to it here... it was pretty spectacular to watch.)


Thanks to Kendra's pinked-out bike, and her matching arm warmers, I saw her go by. My watch said it was 1h 38 minutes after the start. (I was standing about 40 yards past the "mount" area).


Ok, that's it for a little while. I'm off to get some grub and then to show up for my volunteer gig at 10 o'clock at the information booth. That's located about a half-mile down the way, where the finish line is, at another resort, so my wi-fi access will not be accessible while I'm there. I'll pick the blog back up in about 5 hours or so, once my volunteering is done and the cyclists start returning for T2!

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for all the pics Lauren! Keep 'em comin'!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Also, if anyone wants to track Kendra real-time, check out http://ironman.com/events/ironman/florida?show=tracker
    You can enter her bib number which is 63 or find her by her name.

    ReplyDelete