Saturday, September 5, 2009

Motivation

I'm sitting here trying to motivate myself to go to the gym to do today's swim. It doesn't sound like fun at all. Swimming back and forth over 125 times, counting laps, just staring at the bottom of the pool. Boring. I really wish I could just head to the beach on St Thomas where we used to swim a lot. Or better yet, to St John. I'd rather swim the 3.5 mile course on St John from Maho to Hawksnet than go swim 3000 yd in the pool.

I was trying to find my "Becoming an Ironman" book which is a collection of stories written by various people about their first attempt at finishing the Ironman distance race. I thought it might motivate me. But I can't find the book. So I googled some swimming blogs. Didn't find anything too motivating there either! I guess I need to just do it. I'll just pretend I'm swimming with the turtles on St John...

1 comment:

  1. YOU should become that motivating swimming blog. Hope it went well!!

    ReplyDelete