Monday, August 17, 2009

Rest day

Today was a much appreciated rest day. I was tired, sore, and hungry all day. Perhaps a mild case of the Mondays, too. I'm sure part of it can be attributed to having to say goodbye to my man, not knowing if I'll see him in 10 days, or 20, or 30?? Nevertheless, I was glad to not be exercising. I guess that's why rest days are useful. It should rejuvenate me, at least somewhat. I'm only semi-looking forward to tomorrow's workouts. I've got a full day, and the toughest part is scheduling it so that the puppy isn't home alone for more than about 11 hours. Doggie day care is only open from 7-7, which doesn't leave me quite enough time to do an hour run, a 50 min swim, 30 min of weights, 10 min of abs, and a 35-40 min partial bike commute, and still be in my office for 8.5 hours. I think I've figured out a way to get it done, but it involves getting up at 5:30, so I best turn off the computer, walk the dog, stretch my IT band with the foam roller, ice, and go to bed! Oh, it's going to be a long week... I'm hoping the pup and I can get into a routine so that the scheduling of days like this will just be second nature. Next Tuesday is pretty much the same minus the weights and abs.

No comments:

Post a Comment