Monday, August 31, 2009

Recovery Week!

Yay, it's recovery week time! Was supposed to start it off with a swim today, but apparently getting to work early when work is busy does not equate to leaving work early. My swim is just not happening today. Tomorrow was supposed to be a rest day though, so now today is.
 
Totals from last week (Mon-Sun):
Swim: 2.613 miles (4600 yards) (92.5 minutes)
Bike: 127.3 miles (503 minutes)
Run: 19.85 miles (234.5 minutes)
Weights: 61 minutes
Abs: 15 minutes (oops, I forgot about that last 5 minutes on Friday)
Total: 911 minutes (15 hours, 11 minutes)
 
I thought of lots of other things to post today, but now my brain is fried and I can't think of any of it.
 
I follow a bunch of Ironman blogs using Google Reader. Mostly just people who are also doing IM Florida. It's nice to read what they're doing for training, but not for comparison purposes. I like it because it really shows how there are so many different approaches to Ironman training. Anyone can do it, you just need to figure out what works for you. The blogs also tell me I'm not alone in feeling hungry all the time, or not wanting to swim, or getting the chills when I think about finishing my Ironman, or counting down the days until that happens. Wow. It's happening soon! In some ways I'm glad the time is going fast because I am looking forward to having some free time. In other ways, I want more time to prepare.

2 comments:

  1. All normal thoughts. If you are training where it is hot, our race day is going to seem like a cake walk.
    good that you are taking time off.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My only concern (re: weather at least) is the humidity, and actually that it will be a little cold!

    ReplyDelete