Monday, July 20, 2009

Vineman - quick scoop

I survived and PRed! I'll write more later but here's the quick scoop.

unofficial splits
swim (1.2 miles): 40:30.8
T1: 7:18.7 (i changed into bike shorts and had to bag all my swim gear up.)
bike (56 miles): 3:15:04.6 (avg 17.3mph by bike computer, bike comp time 3:13.55)
T2: 7:08.0 (changed into running shorts)
run (13.1 miles): 2:39:09.1 (12:14 min miles, incl quite a bit of walking because the sun was SOOO hot)

Overall: 6:49:23.6 to travel 70.3 miles with some goggles, a bike, and running shoes.

I was really shocked to beat 7!  Woohoo!!

And the limiting factor was really the sun on the run. No shade for a lot of it. It was really the only time I questioned my decision to do the race. Not sure I'll do this course again because of it. But the bike was awesome (I kept wondering if I was going to blow up on the run because of how fast I was riding, but it was fine!), and the swim was okay. Most importantly, no serious aches and pains other than a minor lower back cramp in the first mile or two on the run, but it eased up with some extra walking early on.


5 comments:

  1. Fantastic! Well done. So glad the aches and pains were, and are I hope, minimal.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Good job! Way to rock it out.

    ReplyDelete
  3. what does PR'ed mean?

    congrats on beating your goal time, even in the blazing sun!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. PR = Personal record. Same as PB (personal best). No clue why some people use PR and others use PB. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. haha, in my uss days we used "GT" - goal time. We wrote a G and a T on our goggles - one letter per eye, so we would see it as we worked out. :)

    Then if we got it we just called it a best time.

    ReplyDelete