Wednesday, July 8, 2009

Nothing!

I have nothing to report. I haven't done anything but sit around and RICE my ankle. It feels a bit better right now but I was resting it all night obviously. I had set my alarm to get up at 6 and swim before work and do upper body weights, but I woke up at 5:58 and felt dead to the world. I decided to change the alarm til 7 and it took me almost 2 minutes to wake up enough to change it. When it went off again at 7, I snoozed it for 20 minutes. So I think I needed that extra sleep! (I don't usually snooze.)

I had a funny dream about an ironman race. The day before the race, my dad and I were going to go on a bicycle ride that would include a picnic lunch. Since I was in training, I had to carry the cooler on my road bike. I think the dream ended there because my brain recognized the impossibility...

My training buddy Rose is getting an award tonight from the city in which she works because she was one of the top 5 commuter cyclists in May! It's nice having a friend who is familiar with the training involved in an IM. We basically never see each other because we're both so busy training. I owe her a dinner from winning the bike month contest in May but we're both trying to eat healthy so going out to dinner isn't really on the top of our To Do list. Maybe after Vineman?

My swim gear is in the car, so assuming I can get out of work at a reasonable hour, I'm going to head to the gym and do some swimming - no kick, pull only! Probably won't be able to pull more than 30 minutes but it'll be nice to get some exercise. My body can't figure out what is going on. Too much rest!

(Be sure to see the previous post as I just added a photo from our hike.)

No comments:

Post a Comment