Saturday, July 11, 2009

Ankle getting better

My ride home yesterday went fine.  7.54 miles, 27:58, max 25.1mph, avg 16.2mph. Pretty sure I hit the max on the streets downtown, but it might have been going down a hill. Will try to pay better attention next time. Would love to now how high I can push it when I've got a car behind me trying to get on the freeway. Riding my road bike to/from work is so much faster than on my hybrid. It's really hard to complain about a sub-30 min commute on the road bike. Not many excuses to avoid it.

This morning I tested my ankle by jogging for the first time since Sunday's long run. It went well. Did a lap around the block (~1.25 miles) with Dave and the dog nice and easy. Something like a 12 or 13 min mile pace. Then Dave and I did two more laps plus a bit to make it a nice even 4.0 mile run. I'd post the rest of the stats but I can't find my watch! yikes. I hope I didn't leave it at Dave's as I need it for the race next weekend!

2 comments:

  1. leave it at dave's? does he have his own house?

    good job easing back in with the ankle, hope it continues to go well.

    I admire your "average" speed - that's about my top. SO not a cyclist. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, he does, why... do you and your husband live together? :)

    I found my watch!

    ReplyDelete