Monday, June 29, 2009

Tired and hot

Sundays are supposed to be relaxing, aren't they? I'm sore and tired from yesterday. I rode my bike to the gym, not a workout in and of itself as it's just 4 miles, but it was a good warmup. Then I lifted weights for an hour and then I did some ab work on the exercise ball, then more strength training with the medicine ball, then rode my bike home. My triceps, abs, and upper legs are most sore. My legs are sore like they got sore from jumping squats with the tri class, but not quite as painful. I spent the evening at work, which messed up the nutrition and sleep aspects of my training. It's hard to make myself stay awake after 9 without lots of sugar (or couch sitting). My body is all messed up today. Craving sugar, I think related to lack of sleep plus the excess carbs I had yesterday. Must get the eating back on track tomorrow. I eat pretty healthy foods, but in too large of quantity! The dried mango did me in today.

My only workout today was the ride to and from work, about 30 minutes each way, so at least it counts for something. The ride this morning was a bit tough at first as my legs were so worn out from yesterday, but they loosened up along the way. My pre-ride warmup was a walk with the puppy in the morning. I'm trying to figure out how to balance long hours at work, the puppy, and my exercise schedule this week. I think it's the toughest time yet. Doggie day care will likely become a reality this week.

Summer has definitely arrived. The last three days have seen highs of 104, 108, and 102. The heat I don't mind (terribly), but with heat seems to come unhealthy levels of ozone. We've had "spare the air" days for the last three days too. If the shuttle had a more convenient time, I would have been sorely tempted to put my bike on it and turn my 7.5 mile ride into 1/2 mile.

No comments:

Post a Comment