Sunday, June 14, 2009

Scratch that

Just got back to Sacramento and I really feel like I should go for a bike/run brick but I don't think I'm up to it. I think I am getting or already am sick.  I already mentioned how I felt during yesterday's run. Last night I didn't sleep well. I was hot all night - apparently I turned the A/C down to 68 at some point - we usually keep it at 75 when sleeping and 78-79 the rest of the day. I feel like my face is hot and my belly feels crampy. I think I will take a nap instead of any more exercise today. I'm a bit worried about taking another day off since Thursday and Friday were rest days, but I also don't want to go do a half-hearted 1-2 hour workout today and get more sick and then not be able to exercise for a few more days. Hopefully a nap will nip this in the bud.

Exciting news - I finally made it off the waitlist into Vineman 70.3. It's a half iron distance race in Napa next month. It'll only be my second half iron race. A lot of people from the Sac Tri Club are doing it, including Rose. I'm looking forward to it, but I need to start incorporating more hills into my workouts. If only I lived within 20 miles of a hill...

No comments:

Post a Comment