Monday, June 15, 2009

Easy chilly ride to work

I had a nice and easy bike ride to work this morning. I rode my hybrid so I could carry all my lunches and snacks for the week. I wasn't able to fit my running shoes into my panniers so that eliminated the running option once I got downtown, which gave me some extra time to ride more leisurely and still add a couple extra miles. It was a nice way to ease back into biking. It took me about 50 minutes to get to work with my slight detours and slower pace, but it felt nice not to be rushed. My running equipment is just inside my front door so as soon as I get home I'll head out for a short run.
 
The air felt surprisingly chilly this morning. It was just 60 degrees which is a bit different from the temp at 8am in Phoenix. My lungs were a little unhappy going uphill with the colder air but they recovered soon enough. In shorts and short sleeve jersey, I felt warmed up within 20 minutes or so, except my ears. They're always so cold. Trying to decide if I want to wear ear warmers for the Ironman. Problem is it requires readjusting my helmet when I take it off (it's a thick headband). Maybe I should look into the ones that attach to each ear individually, although when I tried them this past winter, one fell off during my first run.
 

1 comment:

  1. there should be a thn, but warm, headband available. Maybe we have to go into the business.

    ReplyDelete