Monday, May 18, 2009

Lodi Sunrise Century

Rose and I survived the century ride on Saturday! We conquered 100 miles (a few more actually) in 100 degree heat. It was really an oven out there and most of the ride had no shade. But the ride organizers were smart and added some extra water stops. Just when I'd start to question whether it'd be okay to refill my water bottle from the sprinklers in a field, we'd go up another hill and the oasis would be there. Ice cold water and gatorade and chairs shaded by a tent. Pretty nice. The ride took a bit longer than I'd hoped, but we finished it. Some people actually took a shortcut after about mile 65, giving up on the hot day. We toughed it out though. Overall, it really wasn't too bad. I don't think I'd want to ride 100 miles all the time, but now that I've done it, I feel a lot more confident in my riding for Florida.

Sunday I did some more bike shopping. I tested 5 or 6 bikes, riding them each a few miles. I tested one tri bike from a guy in the tri club who is selling his and the rest were road bikes from a shop. The tri bike was squirly but I liked the aero positioning. I still like the Specialized Ruby and now I like the Trek Madone too. Maybe go back and try the Cervelo RS... It's a lengthy process. Hopefully at the end I'll have a bike I love!

Today I rode before work. I've got the puppy this week so I didn't have a lot of time, so that meant I had to ride faster. My legs got tired but it made me feel strong all day.

Bike month tally (pre-PM rides):
Kendra: 363
Rose: 312

We both met our mileage goals!

No comments:

Post a Comment