Friday, May 15, 2009

First century - tomorrow!

Tomorrow I'll be riding my first full century bike ride (100 miles). Rose and I are doing it together, so no chance to edge her out tomorrow. We can start between 6 and 8am, we're aiming for closer to 6 since it's going to reach 95 tomorrow. The more I think about it, the more I have no idea how long it will take us! Organized rides are always tricky because there is so much food at each rest stop to entice you to 'rest' longer.

I opted to sleep in instead of swim this morning. The only exercise I got was test riding a few bikes after my massage. Gotta finish packing my stuff for the ride. Plastic baggie of Heed powder, gluten-free pretzels, Lara bars (so far my only protein, must work on that), Gu Chomps and Gu (with and without caffeine), and will bring a banana to munch just before starting. Maybe I'll make a PB&J rice bread sandwich too.

1 comment:

  1. Yay, you survived (with only minor blemishes)!

    ReplyDelete