Thursday, April 23, 2009

The blustery allergy-filled day

Because of the wind/pollen issue and the allergy attack I had yesterday after just 10 min in the wind on my bike, I decided to drive to work today once I discovered the wind had been blowing all night and was forecast to continue all day. But first, I spun on the bike trainer at home for 50 minutes. (I didn't have enough time to go to the gym and run there, even though today is a run day.) Great workout. Dripping with sweat. A lot. Usually I only get up to the sweaty level, not the buckets level. I just don't push myself enough on the trainer. But today was great. I wanted to keep going but had to get to work. Work sure gets in the way of life sometimes. Might need to start waking up earlier....

The rest of today's plan is to go to the gym after work where I'll do my run and lift weights for the first time in awhile. Some coworkers going out for drinks after work though and I kind of wanted to fit that into the day too. I almost never go to those social events. I feel like I should and I want to hang out with the people, but don't really want to consume unnecessary alcoholic calories, especially when it will take time from the workout. Training vs. social life. The neverending battle.

I also need to pack tonight for the weekend. Heading to Chico for the weekend for my third 100k bike ride of the month - Wildflower. Saturday I'll run 9-10 miles and Sunday is the ride. I'm so glad I am taking Monday off work. I think I'll need it to get the every day stuff done for the week. My local bike shop is having a big sale through Sunday. I was hoping to decide on a new bike by now but I'm not sure it's going to happen by Sunday. Maybe I can convince them to extend the sale until Monday for me.

2 comments:

  1. I think you should go to happy hour! You will have plenty of time ignore your friends, co-workers and husband this summer when we are in the thick of it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. ok thanks. :) I also just realized if I run 3+ tonight and 10 on Sat then I'll be increasing my mileage too much. To the bar I go!

    ReplyDelete