Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Double workout day

Tuesdays have been double workout days for me lately. Spinning at home on my trainer in the morning for about 45 minutes and then going to my tri class run workout in the evening. It's a good combo since neither workout is very tough. After this morning's spin, my legs felt a little sore in strange places so I am considering putting my old saddle and pedals on the bike for this weekend's 100k and then worry about bike configuration later. It shouldn't be too hard to get them back in the right spot because the seat post didn't have to get moved. Even though my new saddle has less height than the old one, the pedal difference makes up for it.

Tonight's run class was good. One mile easy warmup - I always go out too hard and end up in heart rate zone 3 and i did it again tonight. Then some drills, focusing on different aspects of the steps we take during the run. Some sprinting drills that reminded me of soccer practice as a kid. Then a medium-hard mile and a cooldown mile (more like medium for me). All followed by stretching and a painful abdominal workout.

I'm swamped at work and have a lot to do before 9am tomorrow, so I may end up having to drive to work even though it's supposed to be my first day as a bike commuter for the spring... Gotta go get things done!

No comments:

Post a Comment